This guide will help you choose the best contact form plugin for WordPress.
Website owners use contact forms to get feedback from visitors without revealing the email address to the spammers. Visitors also use them to ask questions to the website owner.
In this article, we are going to discuss the best WordPress Contact Form Builders.
The forms we are going to discuss are:
- Formidable Forms
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
- Ninja Forms
6 Best Contact Form Plugins in WordPress
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that facilitates payment collection from other types of online forms from your website.
WPForms has many advantages. The advantages include;
- WPForms has a free version, WPForms lite, that’s available for anyone to download and use.
- WPForms Plugin is so easy to use. It has a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to use.
- WPForms premium version has extra features that you can use to create more forms and customizations. You can create different forms, including payment forms, order forms, and email subscription forms.
- WPForms connects with payment platforms like PayPal and Stripe that are so powerful and necessary.
WPForms has many advantages. Some of the disadvantages are;
- The free WPForms version does not have some features, and, therefore, you need to upgrade to the pro version to enjoy the powerful features.
- WPForms main goal is to be user-friendly and, therefore, does not have some features available in other contact forms.
- It is the most expensive plugin, and many people can’t afford it.
Formidable Forms is a WordPress Contact Form plugin that builds complex forms. It is a drag-and-drop form builder that is so advanced.
Formidable forms plugin has many advantages, and the benefits include;
- The plugin has powerful addons. It has addons that we can use to collect payments from online payment platforms.
- The plugin is available in a free version. Everyone can download the plugin and use it because it is free.
- Formidable form plugins allow you to build multiple pages with many advancements.
- It allows you to create a calculator, multi-step forms, quizzes, polls, surveys, and more.
- The plugin is so easy to use, and it is not complicated.
There are a few disadvantages associated with the Formidable forms plugin. The disadvantages include;
- The plugin mainly focuses on advanced developers, unlike other plugins that focus on anyone.
- The plugin is expensive compared to some contact forms.
Contact form 7 is the best free WordPress form plugin that users prefer and the oldest plugin available at WordPress. It creates lead-generating forms. Contact form 7 is also the most popular contact form plugin in WordPress.
Contact form 7 has many advantages. The advantages are;
- Contact form 7 is the best free WordPress contact form plugin, and it’s available for everyone to download.
- Contact form 7 is highly customizable. You can customize the form to look how you want it to.
Contact form 7 also has some disadvantages. They include;
- Contact form 7 is a difficult-to-customize plugin, making it not so easy to use it.
Gravity Forms is a WordPress custom form plugin with many advanced functionalities and features that help developers build complex form-related solutions.
Pricing: Paid Only
Gravity Forms has many advantages:
- Gravity forms is a powerful drag-and-drop WordPress custom contact forms plugin.
- Gravity forms have premium options such as FAQs that provide help to users.
- It is an easy-to-use inquiry form plugin.
- You can customize gravity forms to suit what you love.
- Gravity forms are secure as they have many features, such as logins that ensure only people with permissions can change the forms.
Although Gravity Forms has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages that include:
- Gravity forms do not have a free version, and, therefore, one needs to pay for it. This can be so expensive as not everyone can afford it.
5. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a free/paid WordPress Plugin that we use to build any type of form. The forms can be simple or sophisticated.
Ninja Forms has many advantages. The advantages are;
- Ninja Forms has a free version. The free version is available for anyone to download.
- Ninja Forms has many premium extensions that allow you to extend its functionality.
- Ninja Forms has community support that is so helpful and which has documentation guides and email support.
- The plugin is easy to use. Anyone can use the plugin.
Ninja Forms also has disadvantages. The disadvantages include;
- Ninja forms offer add-ons that require you to pay for them.
RegistrationMagic by Metagauss is a dynamic, feature-rich, one-stop solution for every website. It has an endless list of features that includes WordPress Integration, Data Storage, Attachment Manager, Auto Adapting Themes, Autofill WordPress Contact Form, Intelligent Form, all in one Form Manager, Form Analytics, and Broadcast Email are just a few to name.
RegistrationMagic has many advantages. The advantages are;
- It allows you to create various types of forms on your WordPress website. For example, Contact Forms, Sign-up Newsletter, Purchase Form, Restricted Content Access Form, Forms with Payment, etc.
- You can add custom fields to your forms. It also has several pre-designed form templates for your ease.
- You also get a built-in Login system, a submission counter on the form card, a default form selector, and a short-code system for forms to allow you to publish the forms without any hassle.
- It allows you to view individual submissions, search fields inside the submissions, define note visibility to the user and its color.
- It comes with multiple integrations with popular services like PayPal, Stripe, MailChimp, DropBox, and more.
- You can use the Magic Popup feature as a navigation menu with the option to add custom links.
RegistrationMagic also has disadvantages. The disadvantages include;
- RegistrationMagic offers add-ons that require you to pay for them.
Benefits of Contact forms
1. It reduces spam. Using a contact form reduces spam that would otherwise not be possible with email addresses prone to spammers.
2. It helps you connect with your visitors. Your visitors provide information in the contact forms that you later use to contact them and get feedback.
3. It collects information from your visitors. Using the contact forms, you can track the number of people that visited your site.
How to choose the Best Contact Form for a WordPress Site?
The forms that we have discussed in this article, we can use them to create contact forms. All the contact forms we discussed are efficient.
Complex Forms: If you are a WordPress user and are looking for a contact form plugin that will build complex forms, then Formidable Forms is what you should select.
Ease of Use: If you are looking for a free, easy-to-use plugin, you should select WPForms lite. However, if you want a plugin with more powerful features, you should go with WPForms Pro.
Best Free with Basic Features: Contact Form 7 plugin is also a free plugin that one can select.
Best Paid with Advanced Features: Among all the forms, the best contact form for a WordPress website is the Formidable Forms plugin. Formidable Forms plugin is a free to start, user-friendly, and easy-to-use plugin that does not require any coding knowledge. Its paid version can let you create all types of forms and makes it easy for you to collect payments, create a survey form, or even a calculator from your WordPress site.
Before deciding on the form to use, one should evaluate all the needs he/she wants satisfied and then proceed to decide on the contact form plugin to select. While making the decisions, study all the features nicely.
This article provides us with a guide on the best contact form plugin to choose from, depending on your needs. The guide also discusses all the benefits and disadvantages of the five contact forms plugins.