Did you know that Voice over Internet Protocol(VoIP) has completely revolutionized how we do business? Have you ever imagined what it would be like if we were still using the traditional telecommunication options for the purpose of communication?
It is important to note that business enterprises are now setting up their branches in different parts of the world. For every business to thrive, it requires an excellent communication system to satisfy customer’s needs.
In this era, business is now going for VoIP telecommunication as a way of providing its services. It is more suitable, less expensive, and suitable for user use. VoIP has completely overtaken the traditional systems of telephone communication and is the new order of actualizing business goals.
That’s why I decided to make a complete analysis of the best VoIP providers covering each segment into detail. Below is all you ought to know about these fantabulous phone systems.
What are the Best VoIP Providers?
Now having understood what VoIP does include, I will briefly explain the different tools in the whole process. The best VoIP Providers for business include:
All in One Trusted Platform: Message. Video. Phone.
This tool is known to be a convenient option when it comes to VoIP services. It’s reliable, dependable, and secure elements make it famous, and one of the preferred service providers.
RingCentral prices do range from $19.99 to $49.99 per month as per every user.
Key Features of RingCentral Phone System
The tool comes with an easy option for setting up together with the ability to:
- Video conference in that it allows a capacity of up to 450 people
- Audio conferencing
- Forward calls
- Monitor calls
- Record calls automatically
- Decide on the use of a toll-free number
- It does exclude the possibility of having to forget passwords since it allows the use of a single password on multiple entities.
- This is one of the best VoIP providers in the industry.
- It allows for convenient interaction between team members by offering a platform where people can converse at any particular time via the internet.
- It provides the features of conversing with close to 900 people in the audio conferencing option.
- With the present versions, one cannot design the video conference salutation.
- The prices and costs of RingCentral are not competitive at all.
Grasshopper boasts of a strong and effective VoIP function ability. For this particular tool, all of its features can be used via its mobile application. The VoIP provider is highly recommendable for small-sized business entities.
The most astounding fact of Grasshopper is that it provides all the essential elements needed for any business to operate smoothly. It is known to offer fantastic details for mobile enterprises that do not require a complicated phone system for business conversations.
It’s pricing starts from $26 (1 Number, 3 Extensions), perfect for an entrepreneur.
Key Features of Grasshopper
Grasshopper comes with the following features:
- Grasshopper offers caring customer support from the United States, ensuring excellent services at any time of the day.
- It offers the ability to control all calls, electronic mails, and text messages from one point of view to monitor all useful information.
- It offers fast replies via text messages from the merchandize number you are using
- It conveniently directs incoming calls to your voicemail by one click of a button
- It provides the ability to customize an automated salutation
- Many people who use it, complain of multiple distractions in the transcription option.
- It does surcharge some extra cash for some of the features.
Bitrix24 does provide cost-free VoIP service and is efficient for small scale businesses and remote teams in different geographical areas that do need to converse all the time.
In terms of pricing, Bitrix24 is available cost-free for a team made up of 12 members.
Key Features of Bitrix24
Bitrix24 comes with the following features:
- Bitrix24 provides a feature whereby you can easily offer a connection between customers and the people in the team.
- It comes with excellent customizable versions that are available with source access codes.
- Allows for video conferencing that is available in HD version.
- Allows for both audio and video calls
- Aids group chat messages.
- It offers efficient communication with teammates via the desktop application that has a messenger with the necessary customer lists.
- Offers the Bitrix 24 call support software that supports up to 12 different users.
- Every free service has got to have a disruption. Bitrix does put its watermark on every electronic mail.
- Most of the fresh users have reported struggling to use the software in a time-efficient manner.
4. 8×8 VoIP
8×8 tool is a top-rated and relatively cost-effective enterprise telecommunication service. This tool does have options such as mobile number sharing, automated call responses, text message options, ability to forward calls, just to mention a few.
8×8 VoIP Pricing
The price for this particular tool begins from $12 per month per single user.
Key Features of 8×8 VoIP
Besides being very popular, I must say that 8×8 does not have enhanced features provided by the other service providers I have mentioned in this article. The following are the features that are associated with 8×8 VoIP:
- This tool offers an auto-respond system
- 8×8 provides a platform for team conversation via messaging
- It allows for an unlimited number of calls within the United States of America with close to 45 countries with different plans.
- 8×8 provides a chance for call analysis and reporting.
- It provides an option for small enterprises to access international calling at affordable rates.
- It allows for team conversation via text messages.
- It allows for an unlimited number of calls within the united states.
- Compared to other VoIP service providers, 8×8 does not have some of the enhanced options and elements.
Nextiva remains to be the best enterprise VoIP system available that provides a very convenient user system. The setup process is fast and comes with lots of exciting elements. In addition to all the details, you will have access to a toll-free number that is free of charge, provided you subscribe to any of their plans.
The pricing ranges from $20 per month per user for the starter pack.
Key Features of Nextiva
The following are the features of Nextiva:
- Allows for a fast and easy setup process
- It allows for many open calls to America and Puerto Rico.
- Allows for phone number portability
- Nextiva gives you the privilege of managing your calls from your mobile phone.
- Nextiva users enjoy high definition calls dependably and securely.
- Offers Unlimited calls to America and Puerto Rico
- Offers the user the ability to decide whether to receive the call or revoke it
- As compared to other providers, the call rates for international calls are expensive at Nextiva.
- Most customers argue that the pricing plans are not well elaborated.
Wow! Vonage is such an excellent tool in that you have access to Amazon Chime and all the other basic features. Vonage offers unlimited calling and SMS messages in the United States of America.
However, unlike other VoIP service providers that I have discussed, Vonage requires its clients to pay for the toll-free numbers that do provide.
Its pricing begins at $19.99 per month per line.
Key Features of Vonage
The following are the features of Vonage:
- The level of reliability on this VoIP provider is 99% effective
- Allows you to have Amazon Chime for chat
- Its application is available for both mobile phones and desktops
- Access to have a custom caller Identity
- Its application is available on desktop and mobile.
- Allows one to have access to Amazon Chime.
- The entitlement to a custom caller identification
- Has got an excellent speech quality since it is in HD format
- Some of the users have raised concerns that getting to the customer care desk is quite tedious.
- The connection is not clear, as the client may like it to be at times.
- The quality of the software is highly dependable on the broadband strength.
Freshcaller is a cloud VoIP service provider that has made it possible for its customers to develop and manage conversations depending on the context. It is an excellent VoIP provider for small businesses and beginner enterprises.
The paid packages for Freshcaller begin at $19 and could extend to $60 per user per month.
Key Features of Freshcaller
The following are its features:
- It provides virtual and local phone numbers, including those for landlines and mobile phones.
- Helps in easy monitoring of VoIP performance of your phone system in regards to quality, call duration, and resolutions provided.
- Initiators for call masking hence protecting the interests of your business.
- It provides a centralized dashboard that enables the user to add or drop phone numbers.
- It leverages international phone numbers hence making your business spread all over the world business.
- Ensures proper management of calls during the holidays
- Able to group calls depending on several groups such as locations.
- The user interface is somehow advanced hence causing difficulties in using the software.
8. Mitel VoIP
Mitel is one of the fast-growing VoIP providers in the globe. It is estimated that the service provider offers its services to over 70 million all over the world. Mitel groups its functions as per the industry and the size of the company.
For them, their brand is MI cloud protected in different data locations as a way of eliminating downtime. For Mitel, they have three industry-leading packages that are MI Cloud office, iCloud business, and MI Cloud flex to fit all companies regardless of the services.
It’s pricing starts from $20.99 per user per month.
Key Features of Mitel
The following are the features of Mitel:
- Enterprise management
- Offers knowledgeable support
- Offers complete integration of mobiles
- Offers specialized internet connection for VoIP calls
- One can manage Voice and emails from one screen
- Offers an excellent customer support system
- Is available in three formats to fit all businesses
- Offers call recording and storage
- Packages are a bit expensive
- It has not recommended for business bureaus.
9. Jive VoIP
Jive is a cloud-hosted VoIP solution with unique elements. Jive boats of simple user setup. Jive is quite different from other VoIP providers bearing in mind that it offers all its users permission to almost all of its tools.
The pricing is entirely dependent on the number of employees that a business has. The more employees a company has, the less the cost it has to pay per employee. For example, a business that has 50-99 employees pays $19.95 per user every month.
Key Features of Jive
- Jive offers call log monitoring
- Offers a dial plan editor that allows the user to dial by name
- Offers call recording service
- Offers call analytics
- Great user interface
- Excellent call quality in HD
- Lower cost as compared to their providers
- Superexcellent technical support
- Call recording requires a separate storage account
- Sms is still in beta version
- The mobile app has a lot of bugs.
10. Verizon VoIP
Verizon VoIP does aid small, middle level, and large businesses to manage their call via its extensive services. Verizon has created bring your own solutions devices popularly known as BYOD as well as the internet connections.
Verizon VoIP Pricing
The Verizon pricing starts from $25 for a month for a sample of ten lines.
Key Features of Verizon VoIP
- Provides auto attendant
- Provides mobile syncing
- Provides an efficient user dashboard
- Provides the admin panel where one can manage the accounts of all users
- Full time and service connections
- Excellent customer support
- Offers mobile solutions
- Higher costs
- Limited fiber optics
What is Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)?
VoIP is an acronym for Voice over the Internet Protocol. VoIP is an automated system that conveys speech signals via the internet instead of the old methods of using landlines. This service has evolved over the years, becoming more stable and user friendly. When the use of VoIP began, most people thought of it as an ordinary telecommunication option similar to old telephone calling systems.
However, they did not understand what it purely entailed. In the years when it got created, it involved rendering its services to individuals, but that has changed in recent years. Today all business enterprises all over the globe have switched to the use of this fantastic service.
VoIP has created business arrangements that have aided in advancing communication and critical features that are important in the business’s excellent running.
These arrangements have helped the conversations between team members and their clients all over the world.
Communication via electronic mails, webcams, webinars, phone calls, and text messages are aided by VoIP. VoIP has got the magical abilities to transform the quality of services provided to the customers hence increasing the level of income.
What is a VoIP Phone System?
Doesn’t it sound awesome having to make calls over the internet at extremely fair rates as compared to ordinary telephone calls and, at the same time, enjoying additional features?
The VoIP phone system is a specific system that allows a user to have exciting options as compared to the traditional landline systems of making calls.
Imagine the times you had to make calls, and you surcharged for extra services, including voice mails, video conferencing, webinars, and more.
Doesn’t that annoy you that you have to pay for everything while you can minimize the charges using the VoIP system? This excellent feature does provide you with the following awesome services that do prove and showcase why you ought to try it out.
- You get the privilege of using a laptop, a mobile phone, a desktop computer to call all of your clients all over the globe.
- You do not have to change the number to call your clients and teammates because the VoIP phone system makes it possible to use a single telephone number.
- It gives you the privilege of recruiting new personnel at any moment.
However, it is of great importance to understand that Voice over internet protocol does require a reliable connection in regards to the internet. Many businesses have made the mistake of switching to VoIP over the past without taking into consideration the need for a secure internet connection.
What are the Types of VoIP Services?
Let us take a closer look at VoIP services.
- Mobile VoIP Services: This is an application that can be used on mobile phones. Unlike other apps, it cannot install on a desktop. Mobile VoIP enables you to receive calls regardless of location as long as you have a stable internet connection.
- Software-Based VoIP: It is the most common genre and needs to have a desktop to be installed. For this one, a user can use the desktop’s audio inputs and output gadgets to speak and listen.
- Residential VoIP Services: This type does make use of an adapter to establish a connection between the user’s landline mobile that is connected to the wireless modem to make and receive calls. However, the prices are billed depending on the user’s plan; it could be monthly or annual. Examples include Lingo VoIP.
- Device-Based VoIP Services: This particular genre of VoIP involves buying a VoIP gadget from a service provider and connecting it to your existing phone to make calls for free. However, this one does only apply to people living within the United States. Examples of this type include Ooma.
- Business VoIP Services: This one comes in two formats, which include cloud-based and on-premises. On-premises VoIP requires enterprises have to buy all the equipment and keep them in their office. Thus, it requires a lot of capital to facilitate the process.
What are the Benefits of VoIP Phone System?
- Cheaper costs of Calling: VoIP does use the internet to make calls. Unlike traditional communication, VoIP organizes data into packets, and the internet transmits them. Calling in the conventional method was expensive because both the speaker and the receiver had to pay. Using the internet to relay messages over a long distance is cheaper.
- Offers excellent conference Calls: VoIP does offer awesome conference calls at a simple rate as compared to traditional phones. Businesses using the conventional system often have to incur extra charges to maintain the other callers. Besides this fact, video conferencing has been made far much more comfortable than before.
- It allows a user to Multitask: Imagine that you are on a call within a specific queue. You could plan how you are going to approach the client, and at the same time, you could forward voicemail and messages very quickly. All this could have never been possible in the old system of calling.
- Offers increased Accessibility: This is the ability to make and receive calls from anywhere. All these are aided by a secure internet connection that allows you to create and receive the requests. If you are unable to accept the invitation, you could transfer it to another person who will answer it.
- Provides portability: All VoIP numbers are portable. What this means is that you can reuse this number over and over again wherever you go. For those in the travel industry, this is a necessity that they ought to have. Far much better, if your enterprise had to change locations, you could still maintain the number.
Things to Consider When Buying VoIP Service
There are certain things that one has to look for, in a VoIP service provider to make the right decision. They include
- Quality of the phone calls: Many VoIP providers offer their services at low prices. However, the problem comes in when their services do not provide what the customer was searching for all along. Imagine a scenario where you paid for a service, and in turn, it destroys your business.
- Consider the reliability: Most VoIP service providers offer promises of reliability at low prices. However, it is essential to note that a majority of these providers vanish into thin air in the same manner that they came in. Therefore, it is necessary to conduct some research to know which service providers have existed for a long time.
- Ascertain the call rates: Although most VoIP providers offer cost-effective call rates than ordinary telephone companies, it is essential to note that call rates vary according to different call destinations. Hence, consider the call rates to the individual countries where you call.
- Always look out for mobile applications: Mobile applications specifically for Android and iOS go a long way in contributing to the success of your company. That is because they enable all of your team to stay connected despite their location.
- Strong customer Support: Have you ever heard people complain about certain cheap VoIP providers having the worst customer support ever? Well, most of the companies have customer support that is not reliable. Hence, you have to choose a company that has excellent support.
What are the Features of a VoIP Phone Service?
It is no doubt that a good business has its foundation on a convenient VoIP that has got the following features:
- Enhanced call management: This feature enables you to categorize your call according to priority. It allows you to either hold or block incoming calls. This option is of great help because it helps get rid of customer disappointments.
- Auto responds system: This feature enables businesses to receive calls, answer messages and saves the customer staff from the tiredness that comes with picking calls all day long. Furthermore, it helps reduce hiring costs and aids in getting a positive customer support review.
- Text messaging: Several customers may prefer having to use text messages rather than having to call. VoIP comes in and has them sought out by providing unlimited messaging abilities. The text messaging tool is a requirement that every business has added to its communication channels.
- Call forwarding feature: This option allows you to forward a call to the next available team member in case you are unavailable or are unable to answer the call. It will enable your company to handle the questions of your customers regardless of where you are.
- Call Notify: What this feature does is that notifies you of any urgent call that you need to receive at once. The call notify option will often send you an email as soon as an individual request it. The call notify option is one of the methods that billionaire companies all over the world use to retain their highly valued clients.
- Call queuing: This feature allows businesses to arrange the distribution of inbound calls. This option reduces the time spent waiting.
- Call presence: This feature gives you’re the ability to always being available and not away. Most of the customers hate calling a line and instead redirected that it is busy.
- Do not disturb: This option does turn your mobile device’s ringing ability off, and when it rings, it redirects the customer to a voice mail or a busy line.
- Follow Feature: There are call forwarding features on the VoIP. This option allows different numbers that follow a user to contact him or her.
- Offers a free local mobile Number: Most of the VoIP services do provide a free local phone number that is of great importance. What this phone number does is that helps you maintain corporate visibility in your business organization.
VoIP Provider Faq
1. What is VoIP?
Voice over internet protocol is a technological advancement that allows speech to be conveyed via the internet. It is possible to signup for one of the best VoIP providers and has an internet connection that, in return, helps transmit the voice message via a call on the internet.
2. How does VoIP operate?
Initially, the speech is transformed by a gadget into a digital signal. Then it is conveyed over the world wide web, where it is reconverted back to analog for the rest of the distance via the old circuit switch.
3. What type of internet connection do I need?
All you need to have is a broadband internet connection such as WLAN.
4. What is a softphone?
The Softphone describes a phone connection VoIP system where the installed software is used to establish a phone connection on the desktop.
5. How is the sound and speech quality on a VoIP call?
The quality is better than in traditional call systems. However, it all depends on many factors, such as internet connection and bandwidth.
3 Expert Tips while choosing the VoIP Providers
- Never overspend on hardware: Most businesses are tempted to spend more than they need because of the savings done by VoIP. However, you should always avoid this fatal mistake in your enterprise.
- Always know your need: Always do some research before taking on the use of a particular VoIP. It will save your efforts from frustration. Hosing the appropriate VoIP strategy does involve determining the staff who will be using the service.
- Ensure the connection of your organization is up to date: A good internet connection will help you a lot when it comes to using the VoIP since a stable internet connection is needed for the VoIP to function well.
Well, there you have it, folks! That is a complete review of almost everything that entails the world of VoIP all over the globe. Remember, each person has got what works for them.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you carefully think of the best VoIP providers for your enterprise. Remember that the customer is the king. Hence, having excellent customer care support for your organization is a crucial thing to achieve.
Moreover, you will need to analyze all your business needs correctly to make the best decision in regards to the features you wish for in your business activity.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve got a question regarding the VoIP phone system. I’ll be happy to answer.
Further Reading: Best VPN Service Providers for your Business